The Nysmith Parent Teacher Organization (PTO):
- Is a very active group that includes parents, teachers, and school administrators.
- Supports special events and school-wide community service events.
- Routinely invites expert speakers and presenters to discuss topics related to the educational experience and/or parenting.
- Conducts a Book Fair in the spring and fall of each year. The fairs feature award-winning titles for all ages, as well as high-quality educational resources, games, and arts and craft kits. Book Fair funds support the expansion of the school library and pay for subscriptions to online World Book Encyclopedia and other electronic research resources.
- Holds monthly gatherings to help teachers prepare materials for classroom use.
- Welcomes the participation of all Nysmith parents in the activities that interest them most.